General Information and Tour Rulessite.dev2
- Wheelchairs are permitted.
- Please, no umbrellas.
- Restroom facility is available.
- Water is available for purchase or you’re welcome to bring your own water bottles.
- Safety of our cats and visitors is a top priority. All of our enclosures are roofed and double-enclosed keeping our guests close enough to view and interact with our cats, but at a safe distance to avoid any direct contact.
- Yes, you may bring your camera to take pictures. We’re sorry, but volunteers are not permitted to take your camera into the walkways to take pictures.
- Remember this is our cats’ home. Please respect them.
- Do not provoke the cats in any way, especially by growling or snarling at them.
- If a cat growls or snarls at you, he/she is communicating his/her anxiety or irritation. Please walk away. Do not growl or snarl back.
- Do not try to coax a cat out of his/her den. Most cats are simply resting, but one or two are asking to be left alone. Please respect their wishes by walking away.
- Do not rattle or climb the cages.
- Do not throw anything in the enclosures.
- If a cat turns his/her backside towards you and raises his/her tail, then sidestep, you are about to get sprayed. Do not back up as they have a very long range.
- Do not run. This could entice a cat to “chase” you. If a cat runs into another cat, a fight might erupt.
- Some of our cats love to interact with the visitors. Feel free to “oooh” & “aaaah,” chuff and play hide and seek with the cats. They love the attention.
- Our house cats roam freely on the property. They are friendly but can become irritable from unwanted attention. We ask that you do not handle the house cats.